The St. Simons Island Pier at the end of Mallery Street, in the Village area, Gascoigne Bluff Pier, near Causeway and the Jekyll Island Pier, located at the Island’s north end in the Clam l Creek picnic area, are popular spots with local and visiting anglers. Both float-fishing and bottom fishing, with the appropriate bait selections, work well. The piers are good spots for crabbing, too.
Who needs a fishing license?
• Residents anyone age 16 and older must have a current Georgia fishing license in their possession while fishing in freshwater or saltwater in Georgia. Conservation Rangers may require identification when checking fishing licenses.
• a fishing license is not required to fish in private ponds (this does not include ponds owned by governments – county, state, or federal).
• a fishing license is not required by a landowner and their immediate family when fishing on their land.
• Nonresidents under 16 years of age do not require a fishing or trout license.
• Nonresidents 16 years or older, regardless of physical condition, must have a current nonresident Georgia fishing license to fish in Georgia, except in private ponds.
Fishing License can be found in major discount retailers, marinas, sporting good stores, bait and tackle shops, and hardware stores. Call 1-800-366-2661 for go to the Department of Natural Resources.